A range of documents are available for you to read, send out, to use as the basis of research, to include as reference documents, or to build upon for your own written or spoken work. If you are attaching documents to emails, written work or as attachments to letters please always mention the title of the documents you are sending and a brief explanation of the document.
You can freely share, copy and paste all the documents below (CC BY-NC 4.0).
- Open heart letter
- Ecocide law factsheet
- Ecocide Law FAQs
- Research paper: Ecocide is the Missing 5th Crime Against Peace A report by The Human Rights Consortium at the School of Advanced Studies, University of London, July 2012. It sets out the evidence that Ecocide was included as a Crime Against Peace, charting the history from the 1970s through to the 1990s.
- Concept Paper: Closing the Door to Dangerous Industrial Activity Sets out why the law of Ecocide is necessary and details the road map for implementation. All governments received a copy of this document in March 2012.
- Concept Paper: Closing the Door to Dangerous Industrial Activity Template Cover Letter A template letter that accompanied the Concept Paper.
- The Ecocide law Directive drafted for the European Citizens Initiative. More information here.
- Ecocide Act
- Sentencing Guidelines
- New World Bank Assessment Rules These guidelines can be used by the World Bank to ensure investment into Ecocide activities stops.
- Ten countries with national Ecocide laws in place
Mock Trial & Sentencing Documents
A range of documents are available for people interested in putting on their own mock Ecocide Trial, as used in the UK Mock Ecocide Trial held in the UK Supreme Court.
- Setting up your own Ecocide trial (ZIP file)
- Bannerman & Tench indictment
- Defence statements (ZIP file)
- Simon Dyer Bird expert statement
- Death in the Nursery report
- Ecocide sentencing guidelines
- Agreed Facts Sentence
See also highlights of the mock Ecocide Trial on Youtube and watch the full trial here.
A range of template letters are available for you to use and amend as necessary to send to people informing them about the Law of Ecocide.
- Speaking Out: a flash card which sets out the main points about Ecocide. It is useful for learning the main facts so that you are confident when talking to people about Ecocide. It can also be printed to give to people as flyers.
- Eradicating Ecocide Postcard Side 1 and Side 2: a postcard which can also be printed to give to people.
- Template motion for councillors: as used in the UK to propose the Council supports the implementation of Ecocide law.
- Addressing your council template for constituents
- Watch here the video of Oxford City Council Motion.
Translations of Key Documents
- Écocide Francais
- Co-to-jest-Ekobójstwo- 6-page summary in Polish
- What is Ecocide, traditional Chinese translation
- What is Ecocide, simplified Chinese translation
- What is Ecocide, Laotian translation
- Datganiad Byd Welsh version of Earth Rights
- Cos’è l’ecocidio
- O que é o Ecocídio Isto é o Ecocídio
- Preguntas frecuentes sobre la Ley de ecocidio
- Qué es el Ecocidio.doc
You can read any pages on this website in your language by simply clicking the translate button at the top right hand corner.
- Click here for a range of graphics you can use (please feel free to create your own).
- Watch Polly’s TED talk here and read the transcript here.
- Vimeo and Youtube have many more videos on Ecocide law.
A template presentation and speech about the Law of Ecocide which can be used and amended as required.
- Ecocide is the Missing 5th Crime Against Peace power point presentation.