We invite you to gift direct. It is no longer possible to gift via a charitable entity for tax purposes as our work advancing a law no longer falls within the definition of ‘charity’ in the UK. Instead, we invite in what we call Heart to Heart funding – your funds are literally the lifeline that enables Polly and her team to advance the law of ecocide.
Polly and all who work with her operate as free agents. This means that we are agile, we self-manage and we are accountable to each other (we are working on how to make our funding completely transparent too). For the past 8 years Polly has committed her life to advancing ecocide law. None of the team seek to be paid employees; this is not a career, but a mission. We have no wage structure. Instead, your funds are always used directly for practicalities. Expenses include flights, overhead expenses, venue hire and communication costs. This gives Polly and her team the freedom to work with and advise many, responding with speed as circumstances necessitate, as and when the windows of opportunity arise.
Funding Code of Ethics
- Your funds shall always be treated as a gift.
- All funders details shall remain confidential (funders will be named online only where express permission has been given).
- Larger funds are our Freedom Funds.
- Smaller funds are our Seed Funds.
- We invite in funds that are aligned with our values of ecological integrity and justice.
- We endeavor at all times to respond to queries as promptly and as fully as possible.
- In the event that your funds are no longer required, we shall ensure that they are returned
Polly gifts to the Trees for Life Caledonian Forest scheme. 61 trees were initially planted in 2012, and every so often more trees are planted.
Sharing and Open Source
- Over the past 3 years many people have gifted time, skills and expertise freely. All contributions and gifting in kind is greatly and highly valued.
- Most of our documents are licensed under Attribution-NonCommercial Creative Commons (CC BY-NC) and are open source. Please feel free to print, use, quote, share our documents and website material.