Documents & Videos
Eradicatingecocide.com is an information portal about the law of Ecocide. It is intended to be open to all, lawyers and non-lawyers, and to be as user-friendly to as many people as possible. You can freely share, copy and paste all the documents and content on this website (All documents and information contained on this website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License).
Historical background document | English
Research paper: Ecocide is the Missing 5th Crime Against Peace A report by The Human Rights Consortium at the School of Advanced Studies, University of London, July 2012. It sets out the evidence that Ecocide was included as a Crime Against Peace, charting the history from the 1970s through to the 1990s.
New World Bank Assessment Rules (a re-modelling)
Mock Trial & Sentencing Documents
A range of documents are available for people interested in putting on their own mock Ecocide Trial, as used in the UK Mock Ecocide Trial held in the UK Supreme Court.
- Setting up your own ecocide trial (ZIP file)
- Bannerman & Tench indictment
- Defence statements (ZIP file)
- Simon Dyer Bird expert statement
- Death in the Nursery report
- Ecocide sentencing guidelines
- Agreed Facts Sentence
- See also highlights of the mock Ecocide Trial on Youtube and watch the full trial here.
- Template motion for councillors: as used in the UK to propose the Council supports the implementation of Ecocide law.
- Addressing your council template for constituents
- Watch here the video of Oxford City Council Motion.