A range of documents are available for you to read, send out, to use as the basis of research, to include as reference documents, or to build upon for your own written or spoken work. You can freely share, copy and paste all the documents below (CC BY-NC 4.0).
Ecocide law factsheet | English | French | Spanish | Portuguese | Dutch
Ecocide law FAQ | English | French | Spanish | Portuguese
Historical background document | English
Translations: You can read any pages on this website in your language by simply clicking the translate button at the top right hand corner.
Research paper: Ecocide is the Missing 5th Crime Against Peace A report by The Human Rights Consortium at the School of Advanced Studies, University of London, July 2012. It sets out the evidence that Ecocide was included as a Crime Against Peace, charting the history from the 1970s through to the 1990s.
Concept Paper: Closing the Door to Dangerous Industrial Activity Sets out why the law of Ecocide is necessary and details the road map for implementation. All governments received a copy of this document in March 2012.
Concept Paper: Closing the Door to Dangerous Industrial Activity Template Cover Letter A template letter that accompanied the Concept Paper.
New World Bank Assessment Rules (a re-modelling)
Mock Trial & Sentencing Documents
A range of documents are available for people interested in putting on their own mock Ecocide Trial, as used in the UK Mock Ecocide Trial held in the UK Supreme Court.
- Setting up your own ecocide trial (ZIP file)
- Bannerman & Tench indictment
- Defence statements (ZIP file)
- Simon Dyer Bird expert statement
- Death in the Nursery report
- Ecocide sentencing guidelines
- Agreed Facts Sentence
- See also highlights of the mock Ecocide Trial on Youtube and watch the full trial here.
- Template motion for councillors: as used in the UK to propose the Council supports the implementation of Ecocide law.
- Addressing your council template for constituents
- Watch here the video of Oxford City Council Motion.
- Watch Advocate for the Earth documentary here.
- Watch Polly’s TED talk here and read the transcript here.
- Vimeo and Youtube have many more videos on Ecocide law.