A range of documents are available for you to read and send as an email attachment when informing others about the Law of Ecocide. If you are attaching documents to emails, or alongside letters please always mention the title of the documents you are sending and a brief explanation of the document.
All the documents are published under creative commons license. This means that anyone is free to use and redistribute these documents and as long as it is not for profit.
Sets out why the law of Ecocide is necessary and details the road map for implementation. A copy was sent to all Governments in March 2010. However, if a new president or prime minister is elected in your country please send them a copy. Heads of states’ email and postal addresses are available here.
A 1 page summary of the Concept Paper.
A template letter to be used sending out the concept paper. Please amend if necessary.
The proposed Directive to the European Union to end Ecocide in Europe as part of the European Citizens Initiative. More information here.
A general list of FAQs is available here. This document is an extended version. Please read through before contacting one of the team with any questions.
A comprehensive guide on the Law of Ecocide for young people. It covers what the law of Ecocide is, how it will work and gives lots of ideas as to how young people can get involved to help make Ecocide a crime.
A comprehensive guide on the Law of Ecocide for adults. It covers what the law of Ecocide is, how it will work and gives lots of ideas as to how people can get involved to help make Ecocide a crime.
A brief explanation of what Ecocide is.
- What is Ecocide 6 pages
- A 6 page document explaining what Ecocide is, which can be printed and used as a leaflet.
- Ten countries with national Ecocide laws in place
Details the ten countries with Ecocide Laws in place.
A report by The Human Rights Consortium at the School of Advanced Studies, University of London. It reports that Ecocide was examined by the UN for inclusion as a Crime Against Peace throughout the 1970s through to the 1990s. It was left out of what is now the Rome Statute in 1996, despite many countries objecting to this.
A draft Ecocide Act written by Polly Higgins. It is not a real law which has been implemented, but is an example of what a law of Ecocide would like in the UK.
These are the draft sentencing guidelines for people who commit Ecocide, drafted by Polly Higgins. These guidelines would be used when someone is found guilty of Ecocide by a judge to determine the sentence an offender would face.
This is a report about what happened for Eradicating Ecocide at the Rio +20 Earth Summit.
This is a flash card which sets out the main points about Ecocide. It is useful for learning the main facts so that you are confident when talking to people about Ecocide. They can also be printed to give to people as flyers.
This is a postcard which can also be printed to give to people as a flyer.
This is a guide to fundraising; it contains may useful ideas to help raise funds for Eradicating Ecocide.
A poster which can be printed if you are putting on a fundraising event.
A form to record sponsorship when carrying out a fundraising activity.
Translations of key documents
- Écocide Francais
- Co-to-jest-Ekobójstwo- 6-page summary in Polish
- What is Ecocide, traditional Chinese translation
- What is Ecocide, simplified Chinese translation
- What is Ecocide, Laotian translation
- Datganiad Byd Welsh version of Earth Rights
- Cos’è l’ecocidio
- O que é o Ecocídio Isto é o Ecocídio
- Preguntas frecuentes sobre la Ley de ecocidio
- Qué es el Ecocidio.doc
A template motion for Councillors in the UK to propose the Council supports the implementation of a Law of Ecocide.
A template speech for constituents to address their Council proposing that they support the implementation of a Law of Ecocide.
- Our EradicatingEcocideTV YouTube Channel is full of interesting material to watch. Watch this series of short films or see more films about ecocide
Trial & Sentencing documents
A range of documents are available for people interested in putting on their own mock Ecocide Trial.
- Setting up your own Ecocide trial (ZIP file)
- Agreed Facts Sentence 31.03.12
- Bannerman Tench indictment Final 5
- Defence statements (ZIP file)
- Simon Dyer Bird expert statement 31.03.12
- Death in the Nursery report
- Ecocide sentencing guidelines
A range of template letters are available for you to use and amend as necessary to send to people informing them about the Law of Ecocide.
- Template letter about Ecocide
- Ein Brief an die Führungsspitzen der Welt
- Links to lists of heads of states email and postal addresses
Talks and presentations
A template presentation and speech about the Law of Ecocide to be use and amended as necessary.
- Ecocide is the Missing 5th Crime Against Peace power point presentation
- Eradicating Ecocide template speech
Click here for a range of graphics including the Eradicating logo and posters.
A rage of translations exist for various documents as set out on this page. However, if you see your language is missing and can offer to voluntary translate a document we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch with Louise if you can help.
You can watch many short YouTube educational slides and inspiring talks by Polly at our EradicatingEcocideTV channel.